Songwriter Sessions Retreat
Join recording artist Morgan James and music producer Doug Wamble in a three-day songwriting retreat.
Songwriter Sessions allows both beginning and established songwriters the opportunity to expand and strengthen their skills in an individualized manner through the study of song structure, lyric development, and melodic ingenuity. Morgan and Doug seek to tap into the tradition of American Popular Song and folk traditions to nurture the next generation of songwriters. This program will culminate in a performance of the students’ work, featuring new works by Morgan and Doug.
For professional and amateurs alike, age 18+. For interested experienced high school songwriters, please reach out to Kelly Stuible-Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org.
June 24-26, 2022 / $285
Includes three days of small group and individual instruction, as well as lunch all three days and dinner on Sunday
- Friday, June 24, 10am-5pm
- Saturday, June 25, 10am-5pm
- Sunday, June 26, 10am-5pm
- 6:30pm, public performance at Wharton Center, showcasing any and all new works created over the weekend.
- Registration is available starting May 13, 2022.
- Application and music submission must be submitted by June 21, 2022.
Questions? Contact Kelly Stuible-Clark at email@example.com or (517) 884-3171.
Songwriter Sessions is supported by Rich Sneary.