Act I School Series
The Act One School Series provides curriculum-linked, performing arts enrichment activities for students in grades K-12.
Shows produced by nationally touring youth theatre companies bring characters from history and literature to life in one-hour school-day matinees. Selected shows provide a perfect opportunity to introduce students to cultural music, dance and theatre artists from around the world.
- PETRA AND THE WOLF
Featuring puppetry by Glass Half Full Theatre
Music by Mother Falcon
- Tuesday, November 21, 2017 at 9:45am & 12:30pm
- THE BOY WHO WOULD BE CAPTAIN HOOK
Written and performed by David Harrell
- Tuesday, December 5, 2017 at 9:45am & 12:30pm
- DRAGONS LOVE TACOS...AND MORE!
Grades K to 5
- Thursday, January 25, 2018 at 9:45am & 12:30pm
- Friday, January 26, 2018 at 9:45am & 12:30pm
- PAIGE IN FULL
Written and performed by Paige Hernandez
Grades 5 to College
- Tuesday, January 23, 2018 at 9:45am & 12:30pm
- YAMATO – THE DRUMMERS OF JAPAN
CHOUSENSHA – THE CHALLENGERS
- Wednesday, February 7, 2018 at 10:00am
Grades K to 5
- Wednesday, March 23, 2018 at 9:45am & 12:30pm
- DANCE THEATRE OF HARLEM
- Wednesday, May 2, 2018 at 10:00am
Generously sponsored by Jackson National Life Insurance Company, Mercantile Bank, Michigan State Medical Society, Mid-Michigan MRI, and Wharton Center Inner Circle. Supported by Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs and the National Endowment for the Arts.