SUTTON FOSTER OVATION AWARDS
Applications are currently closed for the 2017-2018 Season. Applications for 2018-2019 will be posted in September.
Wharton Center Institute for Arts & Creativity invites Michigan high schools to participate in the 7th Annual Sutton Foster Ovation Awards.
- To be considered for the program schools must nominate their fall and/or spring qualifying musical theatre productions for “Best Musical.”
- There is a $250 fee per nominated musical production.
- The deadline for applications is January 12, 2018.
- We will accept the first 25 qualified applications. When the slots become filled you will be asked if you would like to be put on the waiting list.
- Applications must be submitted at least 3 weeks prior to your production.
Wharton Center will send a team of expert adjudicators to attend a live performance of your musical. Adjudicators will nominate two individuals for “Best Actor” and “Best Actress” who will be invited to participate in the Ovation Awards on May 19 and 20, 2018. Additionally, adjudicators’ reviews and tabulations determine awards in technical and creative achievement, and Best Musical.
Each school will receive a professional assessment of their show, meant to support the teacher, school, and students in growing their production values and recognizing excellence.
To nominate your production (Fall or Spring) for “Best Musical” please complete the fillable online application, or print the application, complete, and return.
For questions contact Alisa Hauser at [email protected] or call (517) 884-3171.
The Sutton Foster Ovation Awards are presented by Wharton Center for Performing Arts in partnership with Broadway Grand Rapids and Broadway in Detroit, with additional support provided by Nancy Passanante.
Questions? Contact Alisa Hauser, [email protected] or 517.884.3171.