Advanced Musical Theatre Workshops
Junior Advanced: for ages 10-15, with a focus on All Shook Up
Advanced: for ages 16-25, with a focus on Urinetown
For students with experience in musical theatre who are ready to deepen their training. Now with smaller classes separated into age groups for maximum attention.
- Examine all elements of an entire show – voice, acting and dance – in a complete journey into character exploration and development, culminating in an abridged performance
- Focus on professional aspects of show business
- Learn audition technique and preparation
- Head shots and résumés
- Identify and explore your “type”
- Receive feedback from a top New York casting director
- 32-bar cut from musical theatre song or pop song with a strong story line
- Be prepared to dance (have shoes and clothing you can move in)
- Bring sheet music and/or mp3 or mp4 accompaniment (headphone jack connection to our speakers)
- Submit photo and résumé (sample)
Saturday, April 29 & Sunday, April 30 from 10am-6pm at Wharton Center
Reserve your spot ASAP at [email protected] or (517) 884-3166.
If you cannot attend, please submit your audition electronically to [email protected] no later than Friday, May 12.
Placement will be announced Friday, May 12, via email.
Applicants may enroll in the Pre-Teen/Teen workshops if not placed in an Advanced Workshop.
Classes: July 24-29
- Monday – Friday: 10am-5pm; BYO lunch.
- Saturday: 10am-1pm Rehearsal; 1pm Performance
Capacity: 20 students each class
Payment Deadline: July 20
Questions? Contact Kris Koop Ouellette at (517) 884-3166 or [email protected].
Registrations are filled on a first come, first served basis for all above classes. Apply early to guarantee your spot.