Songwriter Sessions Retreat
Join recording artist Morgan James and music producer Doug Wamble in a three-day songwriting retreat.
Back after its successful debut in 2019, this program allows both beginning and established songwriters the opportunity to expand and strengthen their skills in an individualized manner through the study of song structure, lyric development, and melodic ingenuity. Morgan and Doug seek to tap into the tradition of American Popular Song and folk traditions to nurture the next generation of songwriters. This program will culminate in a performance of the students’ work, followed by a concert by Morgan and Doug.
New for this year: a session on social media/branding with Morgan, and a session on Garage Band/home recording tools with Doug.
For professional and amateurs alike, age 18+. For interested experienced high school songwriters, please reach out to Kelly Stuible-Clark at [email protected].
October 8-10, 2021 / $285
Includes three days of small group and individual instruction, as well as lunch all three days and dinner on Sunday
- Friday, October 8, 10am-5pm
- Saturday, October 9, 10am-5pm
- Sunday, October 10, 10am-5pm
- 6:30 acoustic set featuring Morgan and Doug, with any participants that would like to present
- Registration is available starting August 20, 2021.
- Application and music submission must be submitted by September 17, 2021.
Questions? Contact Kelly Stuible-Clark at [email protected] or (517) 884-3171.