Songwriters Sessions Retreat
Join recording artist Morgan James and music producer Doug Wamble in a three-day songwriting retreat.
This brand-new program allows both beginning and established songwriters the opportunity to expand and strengthen their skills in an individualized manner through the study of song structure, lyric development, and melodic ingenuity. Morgan and Doug seek to tap into the tradition of American Popular Song and folk traditions to nurture the next generation of songwriters. This program will culminate in a performance of the students’ work, followed by a concert by Morgan and Doug.
August 9-11, 2019 / $285
Includes three days of small group and individual instruction, as well as lunch all three days and dinner on Sunday
- Friday, August 9, 11am – 6pm
- Saturday, August 10, 10am – 6pm
- Sunday, August 11, 10am – 8pm
- Applications and music submissions must be submitted by Monday, August 5, 2019.
- Applicants will be notified of their acceptance after submision deadline.
- All paperwork and payments are due to Wharton Center by Wednesday, August 7, 2019.
Questions? Contact Kelly Stuible-Clark at [email protected] or (517) 884-3171.