Songwriters Sessions Retreat
Join recording artist Morgan James and music producer Doug Wamble in a three-day songwriting retreat.
This brand-new program allows both beginning and established songwriters the opportunity to expand and strengthen their skills in an individualized manner through the study of song structure, lyric development, and melodic ingenuity. Morgan and Doug seek to tap into the tradition of American Popular Song and folk traditions to nurture the next generation of songwriters. This program will culminate in a performance of the students’ work, followed by a concert by Morgan and Doug.
August 9-11, 2019 / $285
Includes three days of small group and individual instruction, as well as lunch all three days and dinner on Sunday
- Friday, August 9, 11am – 6pm
- Saturday, August 10, 10am – 6pm
- Sunday, August 11, 10am – 8pm
- Applications and music submissions must be submitted by May 17, 2019.
- Applicants will be notified of their acceptance to the program by May 31, 2019.
- All paperwork and payments are due to Wharton Center by July 29, 2019.
Questions? Contact Ben English at [email protected] or (517) 884-3171.