Great audiences are engaged...
As a not-for-profit organization that is part of Michigan State University’s Department of Outreach and Engagement, Wharton Center believes in lifelong learning and engagement between the audience and the artist. To support that interaction, we are proud to introduce to you our ENGAGEMENT INITIATIVES:
Spotlight Dinner patrons enjoy a buffet dinner in Wharton Center’s Christman Lounge that will include an opportunity to engage with knowledgeable guest speakers or with members of the performance company or entourage.* These “Spotlight Guests” provide a unique perspective on that evening’s performance.
Spotlight Dinners are available for $55 per person (includes dinner and one glass of wine or beer and a cash bar) and are offered at the following times and dates:
- Beautiful – the Carol King Musical, Thursday, January 12 at 5:45 p.m.
- Alvin Ailey Dance Company, Tuesday, April 18 at 5:45 p.m.
- Fun Home, Thursday, June 8 at 5:45 p.m.
To reserve your spot at any one or all of the Spotlight Dinners, simply add them to your order form or contact the ticket office.
Insight Previews are informative talks presented by topic experts who provide unique insights into the performances. Insight Previews are FREE, and occur 45 minutes prior to selected performances. Insight Previews are located within Wharton Center, and will include:
- Prague Philharmonia with Sarah Chang: Wednesday, January 18 at 6:45 p.m.
- Inlet Dance: Among the Darkest Shadows: Thursday, February 16 at 6:45 p.m. and Sunday, February 19 at 12:15 p.m.
- Jessica Lang Dance: Tuesday, February 28 at 6:45 p.m.
- 17 Border Crossings: Sunday, March 26 at 5:45 p.m.
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time: Wednesday, April 12 at 6:45 p.m.
- Wayne Shorter Quartet: Friday, April 21 at 7:15 p.m.
After Chats are FREE post-performance conversations with members of the touring company.* Following the curtain call, audience members who wish to remain for the After Chat will be invited to come sit close to the stage. This informal Question and Answer session with members of the touring company* will be moderated by a member of Wharton Center’s staff. After Chats for include:
- A Gentlemen’s Guide to Love and Murder: Thursday, December 15
- Beautiful – the Carol King Musical: Thursday, January 12
- Inlet Dance: Among the Darkest Shadows: Tuesday, February 16 & Sunday, February 19
- Cabaret: Thursday, February 23
- Jessica Lang Dance: Tuesday, February 28
- 17 Border Crossings: Sunday, March 26
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time: Thursday, April 13 at the 6:45 p.m. (before 7:30p.m. performance)
- Fun Home: Thursday, June 8
What is [email protected]?
A group of active professionals and creative minds, designed to connect you with new and existing friends and the engage with Wharton Center in innovative and unique ways, including behind-the-scenes events, artist meet-ups and one-of-a-kind social opportunities.