Great audiences are engaged...
As a not-for-profit organization that is part of Michigan State University’s Department of Outreach and Engagement, Wharton Center believes in lifelong learning and engagement between the audience and the artist. To support that interaction, we are proud to introduce to you our Engagement Initiatives:
Spotlight Dinner patrons enjoy a buffet dinner in Wharton Center’s Christman Lounge that will include an opportunity to engage with knowledgeable guest speakers or with members of the performance company or entourage.* These “Spotlight Guests” provide a unique perspective on that evening’s performance.
Spotlight Dinners are available for $55 per person (includes dinner and one glass of wine or beer and a cash bar) and are offered at the following times and dates:
- Fun Home, Thursday, June 8 at 5:45 p.m.
- Moscow State Symphony Orchestra, Tuesday, November 7 at 5:45pm
- On Your Feet!, Thursday, February 15 at 5:45pm
- Dance Theatre of Harlem, Wednesday, May 2 at 5:45pm
To reserve your spot at any one or all of the Spotlight Dinners, simply add them to your order form or contact the ticket office.
Insight Previews are informative talks presented by topic experts who provide unique insights into the performances. Insight Previews are FREE, and occur 45 minutes prior to selected performances. Insight Previews are located within Wharton Center, and will include:
- Wayne Shorter Quartet: Friday, April 21 at 7:15pm
- Hubbard Street Dance Chicago: Tuesday, October 10 at 6:45pm
- Vienna Boys Choir: Holiday: Tuesday, November 28 at 6:45pm
- Yamato – The Drummers of Japan: Tuesday, February 6 at 6:45pm
- Lungs: Friday, February 16 at 7:15pm
- Emanuel Ax, Leonidas Kavakos & Yo-Yo Ma: Monday, February 26 at 6:45pm
- To Ray with Love starring Maceo Parker: Friday, April 20 at 7:15pm
After Chats are FREE post-performance conversations with members of the touring company.* Following the curtain call, audience members who wish to remain for the After Chat will be invited to come sit close to the stage. This informal Question and Answer session with members of the touring company* will be moderated by a member of Wharton Center’s staff. After Chats for include:
- Fun Home: Thursday, June 8
- Hubbard Street Dance Chicago: Thursday, June 8
- The Bodyguard: Thursday, June 8
- An American in Paris: Thursday, June 8
- Finding Neverland: Thursday, June 8
- Stuart Pimsler Dance & Theater: Matinee: Thursday, June 8
- Waitress: Thursday, June 8
- Natalie MacMaster & Donnell Leahy: Thursday, June 8
- Lungs: Thursday, June 8
- Something Rotten!: Thursday, June 8
- Dance Theatre of Harlem: Thursday, June 8
What is [email protected]?
A group of active professionals and creative minds, designed to connect you with new and existing friends and the engage with Wharton Center in innovative and unique ways, including behind-the-scenes events, artist meet-ups and one-of-a-kind social opportunities.