Great audiences are engaged
As a not-for-profit organization that is part of Michigan State University’s Department of Outreach and Engagement, Wharton Center believes in lifelong learning and engagement between the audience and the artist. To support that interaction, we are proud to introduce to you our Engagement Initiatives.
Spotlight Dinner patrons enjoy a buffet dinner in Wharton Center’s Christman Lounge that will include an opportunity to engage with knowledgeable guest speakers or with members of the performance company or entourage.* These “Spotlight Guests” provide a unique perspective on that evening’s performance.
Spotlight Dinners are available for $55 per person (includes dinner and one glass of wine or beer and a cash bar).
To reserve your spot at any one or all of the Spotlight Dinners, simply add them to your order form, purchase them online or contact the ticket office.
Insight Previews are informative talks presented by topic experts who provide unique insights into the performances. Insight Previews are FREE, and occur 45 minutes prior to selected performances.
- Canadian Brass 50th Anniversary, Tuesday, January 12, 2021
- Southern Journey, Saturday, January 23, 2021
- Academy of St Martin in the Fields Wind Ensemble, Sunday, March 21, 2021
- Trondheim Soloists with Alisa Weilerstein, Thursday, April 15, 2021
After Chats are FREE post-performance conversations with members of the touring company. Following the curtain call, audience members who wish to remain for the After Chat will be invited to come sit close to the stage. This informal Question and Answer session will be moderated by a member of Wharton Center’s staff.
- Immediately following each Thursday Broadway Performance
- Ronald K. Brown/EVIDENCE, Wednesday, February 3, 2021
- Sō Percussion, Sunday, February 28, 2021
- Into the West, Sunday, March 28, 2021