The 4pm MSU home football game impacts parking and travel routes to Wharton Center. See the FAQ Advisory tab below for more information.
To East Lansing
- FROM NORTH/SOUTH: US 127 to Trowbridge Rd exit.
- FROM WEST: I-96/69 to I-496 to Trowbridge Rd exit.
- FROM NORTHEAST: I-69 to US 127 South to Trowbridge Rd exit.
- FROM SOUTHEAST: I-96 to Okemos Rd exit.
To Wharton Center
From Trowbridge Rd Exit
Take Trowbridge Rd past Harrison Rd and follow the curve left to Red Cedar. Turn Right at Wilson Rd. Continue on Wilson Rd, cross Bogue St. and turn left into Wharton Center parking ramp’s Wilson Rd entrance.
From Okemos Rd Exit
Take Okemos Rd North, turn left onto Jolly Rd (first light), turn right onto Hagadorn Rd and continue to Shaw Lane. Turn left onto Shaw Lane and follow to Wharton Center parking ramp.
Parking During Business Hours
If you are visiting Wharton Ticket Office, administrative offices or Wharton Gifts, Monday-Friday between business hours:
- Wharton parking ramp, Visitors use Shaw/North entrance ONLY
- Patrons buying tickets will have their parking ticket validated when parking in ramp.
- Parking fee of 1.80/hour
- Parking Meters are located in front of Wharton Center, off of Bogue St. and enforced 8am-6pm
Cobb Great Hall and Pasant Events
ADVISORY: TRAFFIC & PARKING ON HOME FOOTBALL GAME DAYS
MSU home football games may impact traffic and parking for Wharton Center patrons. Wharton Center patrons will be sent an email alert regarding how they will be impacted so plans can be made accordingly. Wharton Center also recommends checking the MSU football schedule at http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/msu-m-footbl-sched.html in order to plan ahead.
Parking on campus including the ramp adjacent to Wharton Center, MSU Ramp 3, is operated solely by MSU Police and Parking Services. Parking is available for all MSU visitors regardless of the event they are attending. Once Ramp 3 capacity is reached, MSU parking services will direct visitors to the next available lot, most are within a 10 minute walk to Wharton Center. Additionally, many roads on and around campus may be closed to incoming traffic at the end of a football game and therefore it is essential for Wharton Center patrons to plan accordingly.
2017-2018 EVENTS IMPACTED:
An American in Paris, Saturday, November 18th 2:00pm & 8:00pm
Wharton Center event parking fee will be $5.00 CASH ONLY for both the 2:00pm and 8:00pm performances.
ARRIVING BEFORE KICK-OFF:
- The best cross campus routes will be Shaw Lane and Service Road.
- Wilson Road is closed between Harrison Road and Red Cedar.
- Expect heavier vehicle and pedestrian traffic on and around the MSU campus and East Lansing.
- Allow extra travel time.
ARRIVING DURING A FOOTBALL GAME IN PROGRESS:
- Most campus roads are open
- No expected traffic delays
ALERT: ARRIVING DURING POSTGAME FOOTBALL TRAFFIC:
- Wharton Center events beginning at 8:00 pm are likely to experience considerable delays due to 3:30/4:00pm football game end time.
- Plan for significant delays as outbound football traffic and high pedestrian volume will impede travel to Wharton Center. Many roads will be closed.
- Open routes will have incoming Wharton Center traffic converging with outbound football traffic. Allow extra time for navigating campus detours and parking.
OPEN ROADS to Wharton Center:
- Grand River to southbound Bogue Street to eastbound Shaw Lane
- Northbound Hagadorn to westbound Grand River to southbound Bogue Street to eastbound Shaw Lane
- Eastbound Trowbridge to southbound Harrison Road to eastbound Service Road to northbound Bogue Street to eastbound Wilson Road
CLOSED ROADS impacting Wharton Center routes:
- Southbound Hagadorn from Grand River to Shaw Lane
- Westbound Shaw Lane from Hagadorn Road to Bogue Street
- Westbound Service Road from Hagadorn Road to Bogue Street
- Eastbound Wilson Road from Harrison Road to Red Cedar Road
- Eastbound Trowbridge Road from Chestnut Road to Red Cedar Road
- Nouthbound Harrison Road from Mt.Hope Road to Shaw Lane
- Southbound Harrison Road from Kalamazoo Street to Trowbridge Road
- Nouthbound Farm Lane from Mt. Hope to Service Road
This list is not all inclusive.
Wharton Ramp (MSU Ramp 3)
- $5.00 fee, cash only
- $20 fee may apply on MSU’s home football game days
- 766 Shaw Ln. East Lansing, 48824
- Barrier-free parking is available on all levels. Wharton Center entrance (level 2) is accessible by elevator.
- There are many facilities that utilize this ramp. We recommend that you arrive at least 30-45 minutes before curtain to take advantage of parking in this immediate area. Parking is available at several MSU lots surrounding the theatre.
Fee Hall Surface Lot (Lot 32)
- Event parking fee may apply
- Located southeast of Wharton Center, approximately .3 miles
Michigan 4-H Children’s Garden Surface Lot (Lot 54)
- $5.00 fee, cash only
- Located south of Wharton Center, approximately .3 miles
- Near 1066 Bogue St.
Shaw Ramp (Lot 51)
- Unmarked spaces and “Pay by Plate” spaces are free after 6PM, Monday-Friday and all day Saturday and Sunday
- You may encounter a $20 parking fee or unavailability during MSU’s home football games
- Located northwest of Wharton Center, approximately .3 miles
- 592 N. Shaw Ln., East Lansing, 48824
- Not available for WEEKDAY MATINEE events.
MSU Concert Auditorium and Fairchild Events
Auditorium surface lot (Lot 9)
- 542 Auditorium Rd.
- Meters free after 6PM
- Barrier free entrance located on southwest side of building, drop off only
Administration Ramp (Lot 12)
- 458 Auditorium Rd.
- Approximately .3 miles to Auditorium
Additional parking may be found just south of the Red Cedar River in Lot 37, 38, 40, 41
*Please note that all parking ramps and all surface lots are staffed and operated by MSU Parking Services. For additional information, please contact Parking Services at (517) 355-8440.