Parking and Traffic Alerts
Road and Parking Construction
There are currenly no construction alerts around Wharton Center.
Shuttle Service for Thursday Broadway Matinees
Due to extremely limited parking options at Wharton Ramp (Ramp 3) and surrounding MSU parking lots during the afternoon hours, MSU Police and Parking Services will provide free shuttle service from Ramp 7, on Harrison Road, to Wharton Center.
Disability parking will be available at Wharton Ramp (Ramp 3) on a first come, first served basis.
- Ramp 7 is located 1.5 miles west of Wharton Center at 550 South Harrison Road, East Lansing, MI, 48823.
- Parking is $10.00 CASH only.
- Shuttle is free.
- Shuttle runs 2 hours prior to the ticketed performance time and 1 hour after the performance ends.
- Pick-up is directly outside of Ramp 7, on Harrison Road. Drop-off is in the front loop of Wharton Center.
- Disability parking and an elevator are available in Ramp 7.
Directions to Ramp 7
- From US 127: Take Trowbridge exit. Turn left onto northbound Harrison Road. Ramp 7 is on your left.
- From 96W: Take US127N exit and follow US127 directions above.
- From 96E: Take exit 95 for I-496 toward Downtown Lansing. Continue on I-496E for 7 miles. Take exit 8 toward E. Lansing. Turn right onto eastbound Kalamazoo Street. Turn right onto southbound Harrison Road. Ramp 7 will be on your right.
- From 69W: Take exit 94 toward I-69BUS/E. Lansing. Continue on I-69BL/E. Saginaw St for 5 miles. Turn left onto southbound Harrison Road and travel for 1 mile. Ramp 7 will be on your right, just past Kalamazoo Street.
To East Lansing
- FROM NORTH/SOUTH: US 127 to Trowbridge Rd exit.
- FROM WEST: I-96/69 to I-496 to Trowbridge Rd exit.
- FROM NORTHEAST: I-69 to US 127 South to Trowbridge Rd exit.
- FROM SOUTHEAST: I-96 to Okemos Rd exit.
To Wharton Center
From Trowbridge Rd Exit
Take Trowbridge Rd past Harrison Rd and follow the curve left to Red Cedar. Turn Right at Wilson Rd. Continue on Wilson Rd, cross Bogue St. and turn left into MSU Ramp 3’s Wilson Rd entrance.
From Okemos Rd Exit
Take Okemos Rd North, turn left onto Jolly Rd (first light), turn right onto Hagadorn Rd and continue to Shaw Lane. Turn left onto Shaw Lane and follow to MSU Ramp 3.
Cobb Great Hall and Pasant Theatre Events
Ramp adjacent to Wharton Center (MSU Ramp 3/Lot 19)
- $10 fee, cash only
- $20 fee may apply on MSU’s home football game days
- 766 E Shaw Ln, East Lansing, MI 48824
- Barrier-free parking is available on all levels. Wharton Center entrance (level 2) is accessible by elevator.
- There are many facilities that utilize this ramp. We recommend that you arrive at least 30-45 minutes before curtain to take advantage of parking in this immediate area. Parking is available at several MSU lots surrounding the theatre.
- Parking in this ramp may be extremely limited during Thursday Broadway matinees. Shuttle Service may be offered at these times.
- If an event parking fee is not charged upon entry, Pay By Plate payment is required within the hours of 6am-10pm, Monday though Friday.
- Please note that all parking ramps and all surface lots are staffed and operated by MSU Parking Services. For additional information, please contact Parking Services at (517) 355-8440.
Fee Hall Surface Lot (Lot 32)
- Event parking fee may apply
- Located southeast of Wharton Center, approximately .3 miles
Michigan 4-H Children’s Garden Surface Lot (Lot 54)
- Event parking fee may apply
- Located south of Wharton Center, approximately .3 miles
- Near 1066 Bogue St.
Shaw Ramp (MSU Ramp 1/Lot 51)
- Unmarked spaces and Pay By Plate spaces are free after 6pm, Monday-Friday and all day Saturday and Sunday
- You may encounter a $20 parking fee or unavailability during MSU’s home football games
- Located northwest of Wharton Center, approximately .3 miles
- 592 N Shaw Ln, East Lansing, MI 48824
- Not available for WEEKDAY MATINEE events.
Parking During Business Hours
Visitor parking is available in the ramp adjacent to Wharton Center (MSU Ramp 3/Lot 19). The MSU Parking Office operates a Pay By Plate system at this location.
- The hourly rate is $2/hour
- Cash and credit cards are accepted at the pay stations. Change is not given and refunds are not issued for time paid-for but not used.
- Payment is required Monday-Friday, 7am to 10pm
- If you are visiting the Ticket Office or Wharton Gifts, select the Wharton Tickets/Gifts option for complimentary 30 minute parking. Wharton Center is unable to reimburse parking fees.
- Pay By Plate payment is not required when event parking fee is paid upon entry.
- No parking is allowed in MSU Ramp 3/Lot 19 from 2am to 6am, every day.
Using Pay by Plate Parking
- Make note of your license plate number
- Locate a pay station
■ Level 2 at the walkway from the ramp to Wharton Center
■ Level 1 near all pedestrian exits
- Enter your license plate number
- Select duration
Parking by the front entrance
Visitors will find a limited number of parking meters located in front of Wharton Center, off Bogue Street. Payment is required 8am-6pm, Monday-Friday. Cash and credit cards are accepted.
MSU Concert Auditorium and Fairchild Events
Auditorium surface lot (Lot 9)
- 542 Auditorium Rd.
- Meters free after 6PM
- Barrier free entrance located on southwest side of building, drop off only
Administration Ramp (Lot 12)
- 458 Auditorium Rd.
- Approximately .3 miles to Auditorium
Please note that all parking ramps and all surface lots are staffed and operated by MSU Parking Services. For additional information, please contact Parking Services at (517) 355-8440.