Directions & Parking
Parking Alert: The Sound of Music
We anticipate high volume traffic for these performances and the demand for parking may exceed the capacity of the ramp adjacent to Wharton Center. Plan for parking congestion, long parking lines and be prepared to park in alternative parking locations especially if arriving 30 minutes or less prior to curtain time. Parking fee is $5.00 CASH ONLY.
To East Lansing
- FROM NORTH/SOUTH: US 127 to Trowbridge Rd exit.
- FROM WEST: I-96/69 to I-496 to Trowbridge Rd exit.
- FROM NORTHEAST: I-69 to US 127 South to Trowbridge Rd exit.
- FROM SOUTHEAST: I-96 to Okemos Rd exit.
To Wharton Center
From Trowbridge Rd Exit
Take Trowbridge Rd past Harrison Rd and follow the curve left to Red Cedar. Turn Right at Wilson Rd. Continue on Wilson Rd, cross Bogue St. and turn left into Wharton Center parking ramp’s Wilson Rd entrance.
From Okemos Rd Exit
Take Okemos Rd North, turn left onto Jolly Rd (first light), turn right onto Hagadorn Rd and continue to Shaw Lane. Turn left onto Shaw Lane and follow to Wharton Center parking ramp.
Parking During BUSINESS HOURS
If you are visiting Wharton Ticket Office, administrative offices or Wharton Gifts, Monday-Friday between business hours:
- Wharton parking ramp, Visitors use Shaw/North entrance ONLY
- Patrons buying tickets will have their parking ticket validated when parking in ramp.
- Parking fee of 1.80/hour
- Parking Meters are located in front of Wharton Center, off of Bogue St. and enforced 8am-6pm
Cobb Great Hall and Pasant Events
Wharton Ramp (MSU Ramp 3)
- $5.00 fee, cash only
- 766 Shaw Ln. East Lansing, 48824
- Barrier-free parking is available on all levels. Wharton Center entrance (level 2) is accessible by elevator.
- There are many facilities that utilize this ramp. We recommend that you arrive at least 30-45 minutes before curtain to take advantage of parking in this immediate area. Parking is available at several MSU lots surrounding the theatre.
Fee Hall Surface Lot (Lot 32)
- Event parking fee may apply
- Located southeast of Wharton Center, approximately .3 miles
Michigan 4-H Children’s Garden Surface Lot (Lot 54)
- $5.00 fee, cash only
- Located south of Wharton Center, approximately .3 miles
- Near 1066 Bogue St.
Shaw Ramp (Lot 51)
- Unmarked spaces and “Pay by Plate” spaces are free after 6PM, Monday-Friday and all day Saturday and Sunday
- You may encounter a $20 parking fee or unavailability during MSU’s home football games
- Located northwest of Wharton Center, approximately .3 miles
- 592 N. Shaw Ln., East Lansing, 48824
- Not available for WEEKDAY MATINEE events.
MSU Concert Auditorium and Fairchild Events
Auditorium surface lot (Lot 9)
- 542 Auditorium Rd.
- Meters free after 6PM
- Barrier free entrance located on southwest side of building, drop off only
Administration Ramp (Lot 12)
- 458 Auditorium Rd.
- Approximately .3 miles to Auditorium
Additional parking may be found just south of the Red Cedar River in Lot 37, 38, 40, 41
*Please note that all parking ramps and all surface lots are staffed and operated by MSU Parking Services. For additional information, please contact Parking Services at (517) 355-8440.