Take It From The Top
Attention Broadway dreamers, are you looking for an opportunity to hone your skills?
Wharton Center Institute for Arts and Creativity is once again partnering with Take It From The Top to bring musical theater workshops to East Lansing.
How better to strengthen the core disciplines of singing, acting and dancing than from learning from Broadway professionals? Learn from teaching artists who know what it takes to make it in the business. We are thrilled to continue our partnership with Take It From The Top (TIFTT) Co-Founder Paul Canaan throughout the 2019-2020 season. Through small classes that allow for individual mentoring, you will advance your skills and have a one of a kind experience.
Students grade 6-12 will work with actors from national touring casts of the Broadway shows appearing at Wharton Center, as well as with Paul and other special guests. Using show-specific material, work will include singing, acting, and dancing. Tickets to our Master Class series are $225 (plus fees), which includes two hours of instruction, lunch, a ticket to the matinee performance, and post-show talk back with cast members. Participants who register for all three, will receive a 10% discount.
- Les Misérables: Saturday, November 16, 2019
- Registration begins at 9 am. The matinee is at 2 pm with a 2 hour 40 minute run time, followed by a talk back with the cast. Students will participate in workshops focusing on music, singing, and acting through song.
- Disney’s Aladdin: Saturday, December 14, 2019
- Registration begins at 9:30 am. The matinee performance is at 2 pm with a 2 hour 30 minute run time, followed by a talk back with the cast. Students will participate in integrated singing and dancing workshops, as well as acting and performance instruction.
- Dear Evan Hansen: Saturday, June 20, 2020
- Registration begins at 9:30 am (subject to change). The matinee performance is at 2 pm with a 2 hour 30 minute run time, followed by a talk back with the cast. More details on workshop contents coming soon!
There will be a discount offered for those wishing to buy tickets to all three Master Class performances.
Join us for a one-of-a-kind day camp in East Lansing, learning from Broadway pros! Camp dates and more details are coming soon.
Five-Day Musical Theatre Intensive
Registration for our Five-Day Intensive will be available on this page starting April 1, 2020
Advanced Musical Theatre Workshops
Auditions required; sign up starting February 1, 2020 (Titles for our Advanced Camps are still TBD).
Adult Workshop (Ages 18+)
Wednesday July 22, 7-10 pm. Beginners and seasoned performers alike will sing, dance, and act with the Take It From The Top Team. Discount for parents/guardians of participants of our summer programs, as well as Wharton Season Subscribers.
TIFTT Tech Track
We’re bringing back our exciting Tech Track program for the Summer 2020. Program dates and details are coming soon.
Questions? Please contact Kelly Stuible-Clark at [email protected] or (517) 884-3166.
Registrations are filled on a first come, first served basis for all above classes. Apply early to guarantee your spot.
Take It From The Top is a national arts alliance dedicated to providing quality education enrichment through music, dance and theatre to students and other organizations worldwide. Our primary goal is to serve as a catalyst for creativity for aspiring artists through professional mentoring, workshops and structured programs that will inspire confidence and provide students a pathway to attain their highest potential.
Our generous sponsors ensure the cost of Take It From The Top is as low as possible.
Take It From The Top is made possible in part by Karyn's Dance Place with additional support from John and Ethel Anthony, Linda Arens, Bonnie Knutson, and Rich Sneary.
Photos by Harley Seeley