Take It From The Top
Summer 2018 registration will start March 1st
Join our unique musical theatre workshop taught by a talented team of experienced Broadway professionals. Carefully selected to provide a safe and invigorating atmosphere for the study of voice, acting and dance, our teaching artists are leaders in the performance field and will advance your skills, no matter your level of experience. Whether you are a novice or a seasoned performer, Take It From The Top will challenge and encourage you.
Students will also have an opportunity to have their headshots taken by a top New York résumé photographer at a discounted price (cost is additional to tuition).
Past instructions include
Laura Bell Bundy – (Co-founder) Tony Award® nominee, Legally Blonde
Paul Canaan – (Executive Director) Kinky Boots, Thoroughly Modern Millie
Billy Porter – Tony Award® winner – Best Actor in a Musical, Kinky Boots
Carlos Encinias – Les Misérables, Scandalous
Shoshana Bean – Wicked, Hairspray
Connor Gallagher – (Casting Director / Choreographer) Elf, Tangled
Rachel Hoffman – (Casting Director) Telsey + Company
Summer 2018 Timeline
- Registration forms available
- Video Auditions (Advanced/Jr Advanced), and Getting To You Know You (Teen/Pre-Teen) accepted (if student cannot come in person)
- Advanced/Jr Advanced Auditions/Getting To You Know You at Wharton Center
- All audition videos due
- Advanced/Jr Advanced Casts announced
- Getting To You Know You Videos due (if Teen/Pre-Teen student cannot come in person)
- All registration (including Creative Kids and Adult Session) and payment due
- Take It From The Top Workshops
Take It From The Top is a national arts alliance dedicated to providing quality education enrichment through music, dance, and theatre to students and other organizations worldwide. Our primary goal is to serve as a catalyst for creativity for aspiring artists through professional mentoring, workshops, and structured programs that will inspire confidence andprovide students a pathway to attain their highest potential.
Our generous sponsors ensure that the cost of Take It From The Top is as low as possible. We also offer a limited number of need-based scholarships.
Photos by Harley Seeley