Welcome to Musical Comedy Heaven!
Featuring one of the greatest musical scores of all time, including classic songs “Don’t Rain On My Parade,” “I’m the Greatest Star,” and “People,” this love letter to the theatre is the story of the indomitable Fanny Brice, a girl from the Lower East Side who dreamed of a life on the stage. Everyone told her she’d never be a star, but then something funny happened—she became one of the most beloved performers in history, shining brighter than the brightest lights of Broadway.
Photos by Evan Zimmerman for MurphyMade.
Sign Language Interpretation & Audio Description
Available for the first Sunday matinee of Broadway performances when requested.
Available on the first Thursday evening of Broadway performances.
Join conversations with artists inside the theatre immediately following the first Thursday Broadway performance.
Wharton Center does not guarantee any specific artist or company member’s participation.
Run Time, Age and Content Warnings
Run time is approximately 2 hours and 40 minutes with a 15 minute intermission.
Recommended for ages 10 and up.
The safety and security of all Wharton Center patrons, artists, staff and volunteers is our top priority. Important security information is listed below.
- Entry and security screening will be at the Bogue Street (front) entrance and the Atrium entrance adjacent to the parking ramp.
- All patrons entering the premises will be asked to pass through a metal detector and may be subject to bag checks.
- Patrons will not have to remove items from their pockets, or have purses/bags checked unless the metal detector alarms. In this case, guests will be checked individually with a security wand and purses/bags will be checked.
- Prohibited items include, but are not limited to, firearms and weapons of any kind (including pocket knives) and oversized bags including backpacks. View a list of additional prohibited items.
- Patrons are encouraged to bring minimal personal belongings to the Theatre.
- There is no storage area and confiscated items will not be returned.
- Plan your arrival to allow time for security screening.
- For more details, view Wharton Center's Security page.
Jackson Donor Lounge
Welcome to the Jackson Donor Lounge. We appreciate your support and look forward to hosting you.
The lounge is open one hour prior to the performance and during intermission. We have full cash bar service and a selection of complimentary snacks.
Single-use lounge passes issued to our Bronze, Silver, and Gold Circle members will be collected at the door. Self-scanning entry to the lounge is available for all Platinum circle donors (and circle levels above). Please scan your card for each member of your party. Staff will be on hand to assist you.
Continue to watch your email to stay informed for each performance. Please contact the Development Office at (517) 353-4640 with any questions. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Wharton Center.