The exuberant personality and joyous movement of Parsons Dance fuses the movement of modern dance with the discipline and precision of a classic ballet company. Known for engaging and uplifting works of incredible artistry, Parsons Dance was formed by dance legend David Parsons, whom The New York Times called “one of the great movers of modern dance.” This athletic ensemble creates a spirited evening of dance for all ages.
“Parsons and his company are one of the hottest tickets in contemporary dance… they are all terrific performers, energized…Parsons provides choreography that’s consistently intelligent, witty, well-crafted, and humane.“ —The Toronto Star
This engagement is supported by the Arts Midwest Touring Fund, a program of Arts Midwest that is funded by the National Endowment for the Arts, with additional contributions from Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs and the Crane Group.
Sponsored by MSU Federal Credit Union.
Run Time, Late Seating, and Engagement Events
Runtime is approximately 2 hours which includes a 20 minute intermission.
Patrons arriving after the performance has started will be permitted to enter the theatre between dance numbers. The first dance number is 20 minutes.
Strobe lights are used during the last four minutes of ‘Caught’. This piece will begin about 15 minutes into the second act of the show.
There will be an AfterChat following this performance inside the Great Hall.
The safety and security of all Wharton Center patrons, artists, staff and volunteers is our top priority. Important security information is listed below.
- Entry into the building will be limited to the Bogue Street (front) entrance and the Atrium entrance adjacent to the parking ramp.
- All patrons entering the premises will be asked to pass through a metal detector and will be subject to bag checks.
- Prohibited items include, but are not limited to, firearms and weapons of any kind (including pocket knives) and oversized bags including backpacks. View a list of additional prohibited items.
- Patrons are encouraged to bring minimal personal belongings to the Theatre.
- There is no storage area and confiscated items will not be returned.
- Plan your arrival to allow time for security screening.
For more details, view Wharton Center's Security page